Join Pastors Steven & Deb for 2 nights at their Grand Rapids B&B, gourmet breakfasts, and a Saturday seminar with picnic lunch!
The Parsonage Inn is hosting a marriage retreat Feb 28-Mar 1, 2020 (Friday night through Sunday morning) at our B&B in downtown Grand Rapids. Enjoy a fun weekend together as Pastors Steven and Deb Koster dig into scripture to show God’s design for igniting our marriages and share from their own joys and struggles. We’ll lead seasoned couples and newlyweds alike through a series of talks book-ended by two relaxing evenings in our Victorian Inn and surrounding neighborhood of boutiques.
In a fun and relaxing atmosphere, we’ll explore reflective listening and the “10 Rules for Fair Fighting.” Then we’ll launch into biblical principles that will help you appreciate each other physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Great resources will be provided on communication, conflict, and intimacy to help you spend time together and stoke the Holy Spirit’s flame in your own relationships.
The fee ranges from $210 to $290, depending on the B&B room you choose. The fee includes two nights in the guest room of your choice, the seminars, breakfasts, and a picnic lunch.
To Register Online:
- Go to our Booking Calendar:
- Set check in date for 2/28/2020 and check out for 3/01/2020 (2 nights)
- Click the +Special Rates button, add the promotional code “MARRIAGE”, and hit the Update button
- That should reveal the available rooms from which you can choose!
For more Information:
- email info@ParsonageInn.org
- call +1-616-481-4434
Friday (Feb 28)
- 4-6 PM B&B Check-in
- Dinner on your own
- 6:45 Mixer & Reception
- 7:00 Welcome & Session 1
- 8:00 Homework break–couples return to room or elsewhere to complete homework, then have evening to themselves
Saturday (Feb 29)
- 8:30 Breakfast
- 9:30 Session 2 Theology of marriage Cleave/Leave (45 minutes)
- 10:15 Homework Break (45)
- 11:00 Session 3 Conflict & Resolution (45)
- 11:45 Lunch (picnic) & Homework break (60)
- 12:45 Session 4 Connecting (Emotional) (45)
- 1:30 Homework break (30)
- 2:00 Session 5 Connecting (Sexual, Spiritual) (45)
- 2:45 Q&A
- 3:00 Break for Homework, Recreation, and Date Night
- Enjoy the evening on your own!
Sunday (Mar 1)
- Breakfast seatings available at 8:30, 9:00, 9:30
- Checkout 10:30
About the Leaders
Pastors Steven and Deb Koster are the parsons behind The Parsonage Inn, and have for decades had a heart for marriage and family ministry. Born and raised in West Michigan, They’ve lived in Boston and Chicago by way of prior careers in digital media and nursing. They are both graduates of Calvin Theological Seminary and serve as ordained ministers. Steven was formerly the Director of ReFrame Media, and currently directs the ministry of the Parsonage Inn, while Deb is the Senior Producer of the Family Fire project. Family Fire is a web and social media ministry that promotes God’s design for marriage and parenting. Offline, they offer live teaching events and retreats. Through all of these venues, their audience explores spiritual, emotional, and physical intimacy and how couples can live as members of a Spirit-fired family. The Kosters are the parents of three awesome young adults, who live in the Grand Rapids area.